Subject: [rfc-i] Comment on draft-flanagan-fiftyyears-04

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 08:46:17 -0700

Hi Heather,

First of all, thanks for writing about the first fifty years.  There 
is an ambiguity in "IAB".  The reference for the 1988 decision to 
allow unrefereed documents points to the minutes of the Internet 
Activities Board.  The "IAB" in the sections after that refers to the 
"Internet Architecture Board".

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 08:53:21 +1300

> "Internet Architecture Board".

The IAB changed its name several times:

Internet Configuration Control Board (ICCB) 1979-1984 
Internet Advisory Board 1984-1986
Internet Activities Board 1986-1989
Internet Architecture Board 1989-...

(See https://www.iab.org/about/history/)

Regards
    Brian