Subject: Re: [rfc-i] On the difficulty of technical Mandarin (SM3 related)

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 03:31:08 -0700

Hi Kyle,
At 09:26 AM 19-08-2019, Kyle Rose wrote:
>For purely practical reasons, within a knowledge domain it makes 
>sense to have a single language in which normative documents are 
>written, with fluency in that language an implicit requirement of 
>direct participation. Otherwise, the number of people who will be 
>able to contribute to IETF work (writing or reviewing) will be very 
>small, limiting the throughput, shared knowledge base, and overall 
>utility of the SDO.

There isn't any rule which states that normative references must be 
to documents which are written in English.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy  

_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest