Subject: [rfc-i] Latest, most accurate sources for the new formats?

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 16:02:34 -0500

I am looking at converting my RFC tools to the new format. Could someone
point me to the most useful set of specifications describing the new
format. That is the specs that are closest to the current tool set
inputs/outputs.

Thanks to updates to .NET, I can now deliver my tools as standalone
executable tools for Windows, Linux, OSX, etc. No need to install the .NET
runtime or any libraries. Just one (ridiculously large) .exe.

The tools accept the following as input:

Word
Markdown (GitHub format)
XML2RFC
HTML

The tools can generate all the above as outputs plus plaintext. This might
provide an alternative approach for folk wanting legacy formatting.
_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:41 +0100

Hi Philip,

The original specification is RFC 7991, but since then a number of changes
have been introduced as a result of experience from implementing and using
the v3 format and renderers.  Many of those have been captured in the draft
draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation-notes-10, but not all yet.  The
latest v3 schema is always available at (Relax-NG and Relax-NG compact):

http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/trunk/cli/xml2rfc/data/v3.rng
http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/trunk/cli/xml2rfc/data/v3.rnc

Best regards,

	Henrik