Subject: [rfc-i] Where can I find a list of allowed unicode?

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 15:26:14 -0500

I am writing up a paper with some abstract math. So I would really like to
be able to specify operators like circle plus and circle times for
specifying the group operations because these map to different operations
in modular fields or elliptic curves.

The math symbols I prefer are not in scope. Presumably because Herman
Tr⊕eem isn't an author name.
_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 22:44:01 -0500

Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > I am writing up a paper with some abstract math. So I would really like
    > to be able to specify operators like circle plus and circle times for
    > specifying the group operations because these map to different
    > operations in modular fields or elliptic curves.

    > Tr⊕eem isn't an author name.

The CELLAR WG's FFV1 is using XMLv3 and math, via a somewhat esoteric workflow:

Please see:

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-11.html

for instance:
  https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1-11.html#name-context

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cellar-ffv1/
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1

You may be able to adapt this to your needs.

There is not a .travis.yml to install all the right things, as I think that
they had difficulties getting the right versions of things installed, but I
believe that the design team wants to fix that.

-- 
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        |    IoT architect   [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 13:09:54 +0100

On 26.12.2019 21:26, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> ...

Unicode for math is not supported in v3 (see
<https://www.greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7997.html>).

Best regards, Julian