Subject: [rfc-i] Call for nominations, RFC Editor model evolution program chairs

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 10:00:04 -0800

Dear Colleagues,

In response to the recent series of public meetings on the evolution of 
the RSE role, the IAB recently circulated a proposed charter for a 
program on evolving the RFC Editor model 
<https://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/2019-December/011099.html>.  
As that charter notes, the intent is for this program to be modeled on 
an IETF working group, using its mailing list to develop and validate 
consensus among the participants. While there will be an IAB program 
lead acting as a liaison to the IAB for logistical matters, the IAB is 
seeking chairs from outside the IAB.  These chairs will set the detailed 
agenda, manage the program, and call consensus among the participants.  
The IAB currently expects to appoint two chairs, but may choose three if 
appropriate.

If you are interested in serving in this role, please send a short email 
message to [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> and 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> with your motivation and 
information concerning your familiarity with IETF working groups or 
similar processes.  The deadline for volunteering is Friday, 
2020-02-07.  The IAB will then solicit public comments on the candidates.

The IAB intends to make a decision on this appointment in time to have 
the program meet at IETF 107 with these chairs in place.

regards,
Ted Hardie
For the IAB
_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest