Subject: [rfc-i] Network Maintenance Outage, Monday December 7

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 13:09:08 -0800

All -

We've just received notification from the RFC-EDITOR's primary cloud 
facility and internet service provider that they will be conducting a 
four-hour maintenance window at their facility on Monday, December 7.

The maintenance window runs from midnight PST until 4AM PST (0800-1200 
GMT) during which there might be a maximum one-hour service outage for 
the circuits which provide the RFC-EDITOR with internet connectivity.

Their summary says, in part:

> [We] will implement scheduled maintenance as part of a large scale project to upgrade software on the IP platform. This maintenance activity is one of several maintenances taking place across various locations in multiple regions. The upgrade will mitigate existing defects in the current software version and prevent future network outages.

All RFC-EDITOR systems will be impacted by this planned maintenance window.

(This is unrelated to the maintenance window successfully completed 
yesterday:  That was my team performing hardware upgrades on our own 
cloud infrastructure.  This new window is our primary upstream provider 
upgrading the software on their network infrastructure.)

Thank you for your patience with this matter.

Glen
--
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (RFC-EDITOR Secretariat)

_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest