Subject: [rfc-i] <aside/> inside <dd/> and <li/>

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 18:00:12 -0600

The xml2rfc tool supports [1] <aside/> inside <dd/> (which seems useful
or at least not harmful but needs to be documented) and for the sake of
consistency we might also want to support [2] <aside/> inside <li/>. Do
folks on this list have any concerns?

Peter

[1] https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-xml2rfc-v3-bis/issues/192

[2] https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-xml2rfc-v3-bis/issues/196
_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest

---

From: "Martin Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 10:10:36 +1000

> folks on this list have any concerns?

Is the intent to go about this process piecemeal, or are there principles that can be developed and applied consistently?

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 18:18:41 -0600

> Is the intent to go about this process piecemeal, or are there principles that can be developed and applied consistently?

We're currently working through a long backlog of open issues in both
GitHub and Trac. Discussing these particular topics will, I hope, give
us a better feeling for developing principles and applying them
consistently, which is the eventual intent.

Peter