Subject: [rfc-i] Public archive of AUTH48 communications for RFCs

From: Jean Mahoney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 18:30:13 -0500

As announced by the IETF Chair [1], the RPC will archive AUTH48 
discussions starting with documents entering AUTH48 on 1 June 2022.

How:

The AUTH48 process itself does not change, but a new email address, 
[email-masked], will be included in the CC of the initial 
AUTH48 email message.

As usual, AUTH48 participants will use reply-all when responding during 
this state (thereby including [email-masked] and 
[email-masked] on their replies).

If only absolutely necessary, a participant may temporarily opt out of 
the archiving of messages (e.g., to discuss a sensitive issue) by adding 
a note at the top of the message that the archive address has been 
dropped. When the discussion is concluded, [email-masked] 
will be re-added to the CC list and its addition will be noted at the 
top of the message.

This process will also be described in the message that initiates AUTH48 
and on www.rfc-editor.org [2].

When:

This process starts with documents entering AUTH48 on or after 1 June 
2022. This will ensure the archive has the complete AUTH48 history of 
all documents moving to AUTH48 from that date onward.

Where:

The mail archive will be found here: 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/auth48archive/

Please note that [email-masked] is an archive only; it is 
not a discussion list.

Please also note that any file links in the messages are ephemeral and 
will not work after the document is published.

Who:

This process applies to series wide.

We hope the community finds the feature useful. Please let us know if 
you have any questions.

Best regards,

Jean Mahoney
RPC Project Manager

[1] 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/yb6lpIGh-4Q9l2USxIAe6P8O4Zc/
[2] https://www.rfc-editor.org/pubprocess/auth48/

_______________________________________________
rfc-interest mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-interest