Subject: [Rgchairs] thoughs about the IRTF

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:30:30 +0200

Below are some my thoughts about the IRTF. The order is arbitrary,
so do not conclude that I value say a) higher than b). Perhaps we
should just collect such thoughts and then schedule a face to face
discussion at the upcoming IETF.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany
_______________________________________________
Rgchairs mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rgchairs

---

From: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Oct 2004 00:26:09 -0400

I agree with Juergen that the IRTF could use more visibility.  A clearer
path to publishing informaitional and experimental RFCs would both be
useful on its own merits and for the visibility issue.

I don't think the IRTF needs more organization.  Research by its nature is
messy.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Chair, IRTF ASRG