Subject: [Rift] FW: NomCom 2018: Call for nominations

From: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 13:47:22 -0700

FYI

Cheers,
Jeff

On 8/16/18, 10:07, "ietf on behalf of NomCom Chair 2018" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    The 2018-19 Nominating Committee (NomCom) is seeking nominations from now 
    until September 30, 2018. The open positions being considered by this year's 
    NomCom can be found at the end of this email and also on this year's NomCom 
    website: 
    
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/ 
    
    Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of the 
    NomCom 2018 home page, or by visiting the following URL: 
    
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/nominate/ 
    
    Note:  Nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org datatracker
    account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account if you don't have one 
    already by visiting the following URL: 
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/
    
    If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made by 
    email to nomcom-18 at ietf dot org. If using email, please include the word 
    "Nominate" in the Subject and indicate in the email who is being nominated, 
    their email address (to confirm acceptance of the nomination), and the 
    position for which you are making the nomination. If you are nominating 
    someone other than yourself, please tell us if we may tell the nominee that 
    you were the one who made the nomination. If you wish to nominate someone via 
    email for more than one position, please use separate emails to do so. 
    
    Self-nomination is welcome! 
    
    Willing nominees will be asked to fill out a questionnaire specific to the 
    position for which they are nominated. The questionnaires will be available 
    on August 31, 2018 and have a submission deadline of October 5, 2018. 
    
    NomCom 2018-19 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing 
    Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 7437. As stated in RFC 7437: "The list of 
    nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the current 
    NomCom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for each position will be 
    listed in a publicly accessible way, e.g., anyone with a datatracker account 
    may access the lists. Additionally, the nomination form asks if we may share 
    your own name with the nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality 
    requirements of BCP 10 remain in effect. All feedback and all NomCom 
    deliberations will remain confidential and will not be disclosed. 
    
    There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the NomCom to 
    tell the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination. This defaults 
    to “no” - so if you don't mark the field we won’t tell. 
    
    In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about each 
    of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the NomCom on or 
    before September 30, 2018. 
    
    Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of your 
    nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for management permission, as 
    it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in late. 
    
    The NomCom appoints individuals to fill the IETF Chair (IESG General AD) and 
    the open slots on the IAB and the IESG. The IAOC position is not being filled 
    this year, and the call for nominations related to the IETF LLC will be 
    coming in the next few weeks. The list of people and posts whose terms end 
    with the March 2019 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which this 
    NomCom is responsible, follows: 
    
    IAB 
       - Jari Arkko
       - Gabriel Montenegro
       - Mark Nottingham
       - Robert Sparks
       - Jeff Tantsura
       - Suzanne Woolf 
    
    IESG Chair
       - Alissa Cooper, GEN (IETF Chair) 
    
    IESG
       - Ben Campbell, ART
       - Terry Manderson, INT *
       - Warren Kumari, OPS
       - Deborah Brungard, RTG
       - Alvaro Retana, RTG
       - Eric Rescorla, SEC
       - Spencer Dawkins, TSV * 
    
    *- have indicated that they do not intend to accept a renomination. This 
    information is always up to date on https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/ 
    
    Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these positions, 
    as developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for the IETF, and 
    also, please consider accepting a nomination. You'll find extensive 
    information about specific positions, developed by the IAB and IESG under 
    individual tabs at: 
    
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2018/requirements/ 
    
    In addition to nominations, the NomCom seeks community input on the positions 
    themselves. We need and welcome the community's views and input on the jobs 
    within each organization. If you have ideas on the positions' 
    responsibilities (more, less, different), please let us know. 
    
    Please send suggestions and feedback about this to nomcom-18 at ietf dot org. 
    
    Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees! 
    
    regards,
    -scott. 
    
    Scott Mansfield
    scott dot mansfield at ericsson dot com
    nomcom-chair-2018 at ietf dot org