Subject: [Rift] Preliminary RIFT ZTP FSM Interop Test Report

From: Bruno Rijsman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 16:21:44 -0700

Dear RIFTers <http://bit.ly/the-rifters>,

I have posted a preliminary report describing interoperability testing of the Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) Finite State Machine (FSM) between the open source RIFT implementation in Python and the Juniper RIFT implementation:

http://bit.ly/rift-ztp-interop-report <http://bit.ly/rift-ztp-interop-report>

This report is preliminary in the sense that we need more ZTP test cases to cover all scenarios. I will be offline for the next 3 weeks or so, and I wanted to share what I have thus far before heading out. I will continue the work (and answer any questions that might come up) when I return.

— Bruno

---

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 20:15:04 -0700

Perfect stuff, Bruno. Thanks for the heavy lifting ;-)

1. The issue on the not_ztp_flag is IMO completely covered by upcoming -03
spec now on the bitbucket
2. The MultipleNeighbors has IMO a good approach after today's weekly call
(hold-down state) and someone! should go add the state to the FSM. The
discussion on whether we should support NBMA adjacencies is bigger and
unless IP fabric builders step up on the links and explain why they'd need
it, a non-requirement for the moment.

And indeed, it would be very nice if other people start to play with this
framework, adding scripts, looking @ the logs/visualization to get a hang
of it and ideally later start to contribute code. With a high quality,
open-source, fully interop'ed implementation like this we would go a long
way in terms of spec quality and confidence in deployment.

We will release 0.7 from J's side while you're gone most likely. The
feature surface won't be big, there was lots refactoring and stuff that
doesn't show on the public package mainly

* new flooding reduction per -02
* probably mobility elements
* all the details from the interop' we did
* IPv6 working on Linux under AWS

--- tony

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 4:21 PM Bruno Rijsman <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I have posted a preliminary report describing interoperability testing of
> the Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) Finite State Machine (FSM) between the
> open source RIFT implementation in Python and the Juniper RIFT
> implementation:
>
> http://bit.ly/rift-ztp-interop-report
>
> This report is preliminary in the sense that we need more ZTP test cases
> to cover all scenarios. I will be offline for the next 3 weeks or so, and I
> wanted to share what I have thus far before heading out. I will continue
> the work (and answer any questions that might come up) when I return.
>
> — Bruno
> _______________________________________________
> RIFT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rift
>