Subject: [Rift] RIFT core design meeting today ...

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 10:55:13 -0800

We ran for 2 hours today instead of 1 given amount of implementation
detail, ironing details for -04 out ...

1. Corner consideration on TIDE range (optimization for a TIE ID being sent
twice, at end TIDE and begin next TIDE)
2. Discussion about introduced Packet Number and its benefits based on
implementaion experience
3. Discussion on flood reduction based on Bruno's implementation
experience, mostly clarification and clearing up some misunderstandings.
Very good new idea how to flood reduce south bound in a simple manner to
avoid the "reboot adjacency inrush" (one bit on the LIE saying "don't flood
anything but node TIEs to me"). Will probaby make it into -04, looks
inocuous in the sense that even if people don't do it/ignore it everything
works fine & it can be used by each node independently based on different
criteria (load experienced, toipology knowedge and so on).

Recordings under

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vp68f4oncy4dwsr/AAAeo1upnkLwaOtSJG00F5oPa?dl=0

--- tony