Subject: [Rift] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rift-rift-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 13:07:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing In Fat Trees WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RIFT: Routing in Fat Trees
        Authors         : Tony Przygienda
                          Alankar Sharma
                          Pascal Thubert
                          Bruno Rijsman
                          Dmitry Afanasiev
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rift-rift-09.txt
	Pages           : 154
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   This document defines a specialized, dynamic routing protocol for
   Clos and fat-tree network topologies optimized towards minimization
   of configuration and operational complexity.  The protocol

      deals with no configuration, fully automated construction of fat-
      tree topologies based on detection of links,

      minimizes the amount of routing state held at each level,

      automatically prunes and load balances topology flooding exchanges
      over a sufficient subset of links,

      supports automatic disaggregation of prefixes on link and node
      failures to prevent black-holing and suboptimal routing,

      allows traffic steering and re-routing policies,

      allows loop-free non-ECMP forwarding,

      automatically re-balances traffic towards the spines based on
      bandwidth available and finally

      provides mechanisms to synchronize a limited key-value data-store
      that can be used after protocol convergence to e.g.  bootstrap
      higher levels of functionality on nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rift-rift/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rift-rift-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rift-rift-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rift-rift-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 13:11:19 -0800

Editorial version snapshot before IETF. Contains lots of input from 3 early
DIR reviews. Mostly restructuring (appendices pulled in) and lots of
clarifications in the document added as requested by reviewers.

Outstanding moving to XML2RFC V3 to include SVG pictures of FSMs, normative
language fine-comb and general brush to simplify language and correct for
grammar/articles, such stuff ... Will come after IETF

--- tony

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 1:08 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> RIFT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rift
>