Subject: [rmcat] New Version Notification for draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec-01.txt

From: Varun Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 19:00:37 +0300

Hi all,

This is just to inform you that we have submitted a minor update to
adaptive-fec based on the list discussion.

Cheers,
Varun

Begin forwarded message:

A new version of I-D, draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Varun Singh and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec
Revision: 01
Title: Congestion Control Using FEC for Conversational Media
Document date: 2014-10-24
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 13
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-singh-rmcat-adaptive-fec-01

Abstract:
  This document describes a new mechanism for conversational multimedia
  flows.  The proposed mechanism uses Forward Error Correction (FEC)
  encoded RTP packets (redundant packets) along side the media packets
  to probe for available network capacity.  A straightforward
  interpretation is, the sending endpoint increases the transmission
  rate by keeping the media rate constant but increases the amount of
  FEC.  If no losses and discards occur, the endpoint can then increase
  the media rate.  If losses occur, the redundant FEC packets help in
  recovering the lost packets.  Consequently, the endpoint can vary the
  FEC bit rate to conservatively (by a small amount) or aggressively
  (by a large amount) probe for available network capacity.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

http://www.netlab.tkk.fi/~varun