Subject: [rmcat] GCC / NADA Comparison Results

From: Stefan Holmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 17:49:38 +0000

Hi Everyone,

We have been hard at work with a new revision of GCC
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-alvestrand-rmcat-congestion> and we are
making good progress. The updated draft is not yet ready, but we will make
sure to submit it in time for the IETF 93 deadline.

Today want to share with you a preliminary version of a comparison between
the next (-03) revision of GCC and NADA-06
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhu-rmcat-nada-06>. Our hope is that
these results will help in the decision of adopting GCC, so please provide
any comments you may have so that we can address them in time for the
meeting.

The comparison was made using a network simulator
<https://chromium.googlesource.com/external/webrtc/+/master/webrtc/modules/remote_bitrate_estimator/test/>,
with our own implementations of both GCC and NADA
<https://chromium.googlesource.com/external/webrtc/+/master/webrtc/modules/remote_bitrate_estimator/test/estimators/>.
The results are not yet fully reproducible since we haven't yet committed
all the necessary changes, but most of it is there.

At the interim we plan to also provide emulation results of GCC running in
Chrome.

Thanks,
Stefan, together with César, Harald, Luca and Gaetano

---

From: Karen Elisabeth Egede Nielsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 13:05:54 +0200

Hi,

As chairs we encourage the wg to look into this work and provide comments
and spur discussions.

As Stefan writes we have allocated time at the interim for in depth
presentations and discussions of this work

and indeed there is also the intention to evaluate whether to adopt the
work at IETF93.

BR, Karen/Mirja

*From:* rmcat [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of *Stefan Holmer
*Sent:* Tuesday, June 23, 2015 7:50 PM
*To:* rmcat WG
*Cc:* Harald Alvestrand; Luca De Cicco; Gaetano Carlucci; Cesar Ilharco
Magalhaes
*Subject:* [rmcat] GCC / NADA Comparison Results

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,