Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 19:37:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Modeling Video Traffic Sources for RMCAT Evaluations
        Authors         : Xiaoqing Zhu
                          Sergio Mena de la Cruz
                          Zaheduzzaman Sarker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-01-18

Abstract:
   This document describes two reference video traffic source models for
   evaluating RMCAT candidate algorithms.  The first model statistically
   characterizes the behavior of a live video encoder in response to
   changing requests on target video rate.  The second model is trace-
   driven, and emulates the encoder output based on actual encoded video
   frame sizes from a high-resolution test sequence.  Both models are
   designed to strike a balance between simplicity, repeatability, and
   authenticity in modeling the interactions between a live video
   traffic source and the congestion control module.  Finally, the
   document describes how both approaches can be combined into a hybrid
   model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Xiaoqing Zhu (xiaoqzhu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 03:42:10 +0000

Hi, 

This is a keep-alive update, mainly containing editorial changes and clean-ups throughout the draft. As reported earlier at the IETF meeting, our corresponding open-source code for this work (https://github.com/cisco/syncodecs) is also up-to-date and in sync with draft descriptions. 

So, from the authors' perspective, we think the draft is ready for WGLC.  Will be happy to gather review comments. 

Thanks,
Xiaoqing

________________________________________
From: rmcat <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-04.txt

Abstract: