Subject: IETF RMT: Progress Update/Call for I-D authors...

From: Roger Kermode <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 07:48:02 +1000

Dear RMT'ers,

the next IETF is nearly upon us we'd like to fill you in what's been
going on and also to ask for your participation.

1) We'd like to invite parties who are interested in writing internet
drafts on the building blocks, protocol instantiations, and Abstract
APIs identified in the building-blocks draft to contact the working
group co-chairs ASAP. N.B. the cutoff for drafts is Oct 22 so
don't wait to respond to this message.

2) We're nearly done with revisions on the building blocks and
design space draft, expect to see new versions before the meeting.

3) The working group chairs have been working on a new charter which
we will send to this email list within the next week or so for comment.
We'd like to incorporate any feedback pretty quickly so we can have
the rechartering done before the next IETF meeting.

4) We have also identified the need for an additional draft that will
outline a series of guidelines for writing internet drafts on building
blocks, protocol instantiations (how to glue building blocks together
with additional functionality to create a implementable protocol),
and abstract APIs (how to map a specific API onto a protocol
instantiation)

Cheers,

Roger Kermode
Allison Mankin
Lorenzo Vicisano