Subject: Embedded Technology Newsletter

From: Embedded Technology <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 22:40:35 -0700 (PDT)

============================================================
Embedded Technology.com Newsletter
Volume 1   Issue 18
Thursday, September 09, 1999
============================================================

******** NATIONAL SPONSOR ********

The 9.99% fixed Bank One Platinum Business Card Visa. No annual fee and up
to $25,000 line of credit. Track expenses, simplify tax reporting, and
streamline your finances. Apply online by visiting:
http://app1.firstusa.com/card.cfm/XPL6UBC13/6B3Z

******** Embedded Technology.com’s Weekly Selection: *******

A Practitioner's Guide to RISC Microprocessor Architecture by Patrick H. Stakem
An introduction to Reduced Instruction Set Microprocessors which is a subfield
of RISC.
Retail Price: $82.95 Our Price: $70.99! You Save: $11.96 (14%)
To read more and purchase this book, visit:
http://www2.embeddedtechnology.com/read/nl19990907/10141

****** FEATURED ARTICLES selected by Bruce Bennett *****

1) Uniform Device Driver Spec Ready for Implementation
2) SBS Develops K2 CPCI Board Targeting Telecom Applications
3) Fujitsu Mikrolektronik Restructures

------------------------------------------------------------

1) Uniform Device Driver Spec Ready for Implementation
Members of Project UDI today announced the release of the UDI (Uniform Driver
Interface) 1.0 Specification. This Specification is the culmination of a multi-
company development effort designed to provide device driver portability for
existing and future system configurations.

http://www2.embeddedtechnology.com/read/nl19990907/10054

2) SBS Develops K2 CPCI Board Targeting Telecom Applications
SBS Technologies, Inc. has announced the availability of K2, a 6U cPCI board
targeting high performance telecommunications applications requiring hot-swap,
system/non-system slot functionality, and versatile I/O with dual PMC slots.

http://www2.embeddedtechnology.com/read/nl19990907/10056

3) Fujitsu Mikrolektronik Restructures
Fujitsu Mikroelektronik GmbH in Dreieich-Buchschlag, Frankfurt, Germany has
announced that as part of a restructuring of its European operations, it will
now function as the European headquarters of Fujitsu Microelectronics Europe
GmbH.  Known as Fujitsu Microelectronics Europe (FME), the company will combine
the activities of Marketing, Design Centres and Sales Offices in the UK,
Germany, France, Italy, Sweden.

http://www2.embeddedtechnology.com/read/nl19990907/10059

******** EDITOR'S CHOICE PRODUCTS ********

1) Multimedia PC
2) Emulator
3) I/O Solutions Guide

------------------------------------------------------------

1) Multimedia PC
The SBC-Media GX is an EBX-compliant board based on the MMX-enhanced 233-MHz
MediaGX processor. -- Arcom Control Systems, Kansas City, MO.

http://www2.embeddedtechnology.com/read/nl19990907/8882

2) Emulator
The USP-51A emulator with a POD32X2-60 fully emulates the TS80C32X2 device in
targets at the maximum clock speed of 64 MHz. -- Signum Systems, Moorpark, CA.

http://www2.embeddedtechnology.com/read/nl19990907/8884

3) I/O Solutions Guide
The company’s catalog features a range of VMEbus boards, PC cards and
IndustryPack mezzanine modules.  The boards perform analog I/O, digital I/O and
serial communication functions. -- Acromag, Wixom, MI.

http://www2.embeddedtechnology.com/read/nl19990907/10050

******** ADVERTISEMENT ********

The award winning My Lycos is the fast and easy-to-use start page -
providing you with personalized news, weather, stock quotes, horoscopes,
weather, sports scores and more.  Try it now - http://my.lycos.com.

****** FEATURED COMPANY (information from sponsors): ******

Visit the company below for more industry news and product information:

The Embedded Initiative is a partner program, created by Annasoft Systems in
1997, focused on providing ready-to-run Windows CE platform solutions. These
solutions consist of embedded PC hardware combined with Annasoft software that
enable OEM manufacturers of embedded and dedicated systems to run Windows CE
off-the-shelf, without adaptation or driver development, on a wide range of
commercially available single board computers and modules.
Visit Annasoft Systems at:
http://www2.embeddedtechnology.com/storefronts/embeddedinitiative.html

The Embedded Systems Conference in San Jose, CA is just two weeks away (Sept.
27 to Sept. 30). Be sure to watch for our extensive coverage of the event on
Embedded Technology.com.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you enjoy reading Embedded Technology's Newsletter, please tell a
friend or colleague about it.  Anyone can sign up for a free
subscription on our Web site at http://www.embeddedtechnology.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're a company that wishes to sponsor this newsletter, please
contact Sherylen Yoak at mailto:[email-masked] to learn more.

==========================================================

If you wish to unsubscribe, please go to the following web page:
http://www2.embeddedtechnology.com/content/newsletter/unsubscribe.asp

==========================================================
The Embedded Technology Homepage: http://www.embeddedtechnology.com

(c) Copyright 1999 VerticalNet, Inc. All rights reserved. All
product names contained herein are the trademarks of their
respective holders.