Subject: WhiteBarn PGM source code available

From: "Todd L. Montgomery" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:25:54 -0400 (EDT)

I apologize to those on both the RMRG and RMT mailing lists.
You will get two copies of this.... I wanted to make sure
this made it to those on the research and commercial side.
(I should note that WRMF is suitable for any protocol, but
we have done PGM right now.)

WhiteBarn, Inc. (http://www.whitebarn.com) is pleased to announce the
availability of the WhiteBarn Reliable Multicast Framework (WRMF) as
well as it's implementation of the Cisco PGM reliable multicast
protocol in source code form.

WhiteBarn is releasing this source under a community license, a free
for non-commercial use license, designed to spur the deployment and
expand the acceptance of reliable multicast applications and PGM.

WRMF-PGM currently supports several platforms:
         - Windows 95 with Winsock 2
         - Windows 98
         - SCO UnixWare
         - Linux 2.x.x (Red Hat, Debian, Slackware, Mandrake, etc.)
         - Solaris 2.5+
         - FreeBSD 3.x

WRMF-PGM is designed as a stand alone daemon that acts as a proxy
between a TCP stream and a PGM session. This allows developers to use
a stream abstraction for communication with the group and makes
porting existing TCP applications to PGM very simple. The design also
helps to isolate the elevated permissions that PGM must use to send
raw IP packets to just the daemon and not the whole application.

If you think WRMF-PGM might be something you can use, but are not
sure, feel free to send us email and we will be glad to answer any
questions.

The press release:
    http://www.whitebarn.com/links/october20_99.html

WRMF-PGM source code:
    http://www.whitebarn.com follow the 'Download PGM' link

Questions?
    send email to [email-masked]

Todd L. Montgomery
Whitebarn, Inc.
304-291-5972
[email-masked]