Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-design-space-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:21:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Reliable Multicast Design Space for Bulk Data 
                          Transfer
	Author(s)	: M. Handley, S. Floyd, B. Whetten, R. Kermode,
                          L. Vicisano
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-design-space-01.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 15-Mar-00
	
The design space for reliable multicast  is  rich,  with  many  possible
solutions  having been devised.  However, application requirements serve
to constrain this design space to a  relatively  small  solution  space.
This  document  provides an overview of the design space and the ways in
which application constraints affect possible solutions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-design-space-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-design-space-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-design-space-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.