Subject: Initial draft of NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast Building Blocks

From: Brian Adamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:17:15 -0500

RMT:

We go bounced on the draft submission deadline, but since we will 
probably provide an update on it in Adeleide, attached is an initial 
cut at a Building Blocks document for NACK-oriented Reliable 
Multicast.

best regards,

Brian
__________________________________
Brian Adamson
<http://manimac.itd.nrl.navy.mil>
<mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: Martin Mauve <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 20:58:16 +0100

Hi Brian, hi all,

I have read the NORM draft and I like it. There are two minor questions 
I would like to ask: 

1. How is the unique source ID supposed to be determined? I assume that
a collision would be unacceptable and that the ID should be small? 

2. How long does the sender have to be prepared to retransmit any given
packet? 

I do understand that these two questions might be out of scope for the 
draft. However, I assume that a building block implementation would have 
to worry about these things? 

thanks,

Martin
   
-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin Mauve                                         University of Mannheim
Praktische Informatik IV                            Phone: +49-621-181-2616
L 15,16                                             Fax  : +49-621-181-2601
68131 Mannheim                         [email-masked]
Germany
---------------------------------------------------------------------------