Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-author-guidelines-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 07:46:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Author Guidelines for RMT Building Blocks and Protocol
                          Instantiation documents
	Author(s)	: R. Kermode, L. Vicisano
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-author-guidelines-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 06-Mar-01
	
This document provides general guidelines to assist the authors of
reliable multicast transport (RMT) building block and protocol
instantiation definitions. The purpose of these guidelines is to ensure
that any building block and protocol instantiation definitions produced
contain sufficient information to fully explain their operation and use.
If followed these guidelines will result in clearly defined RMT building
blocks and protocol instantiation definitions that can be refined and
augmented to create new protocols for use in new scenarios for which any
existing protocols were not designed.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-author-guidelines-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-author-guidelines-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-author-guidelines-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.