Subject: [Rmt] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-info-fec-03.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:17:20 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The use of Forward Error Correction in Reliable 
                          Multicast
	Author(s)	: M. Luby et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-info-fec-03.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2002-9-15
	
This memo describes the use of Forward Error Correction codes to
efficiently provide and/or augment reliability for one-to-many reliable
data transport using IP multicast.  One of the key properties of Forward
Error Correction codes in this context is the ability to use the same
packets containing Forward Error Correction data to simultaneously
repair different packet loss patterns at multiple receivers.  Different
classes of Forward Error Correction codes and some of their basic
properties are described and terminology relevant to implementing
Forward Error Correction Codes in a reliable multicast protocol is
introduced.  Examples are provided of possible abstract formats for
packets carrying Forward Error Correction data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-info-fec-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-info-fec-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-info-fec-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.