Subject: [Rmt] Closing TRACK

From: Brian Whetten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:00:00 -0700

Hello fellow RMT'ers,

I apologize for the lack of progress on TRACK, and for not being able to 
attend the last two WG meetings.  As the lead author on these documents, I 
take full responsibility.  When Talarian was acquired by Tibco in April, I 
left the company, and so have not had a commercial sponsor for this work 
since then.  The TRACK authors have had some discussion and document 
editing since then, but I have not been able to get a complete set of 
drafts finished yet to my satisfaction.

It is my opinion that there is still value to the TRACK work, particularly 
seeing the great work that has been done on the other building blocks in 
the stack, and how much we have all invested in this project over the 
years.  However, given the current state of the market, and the amount of 
work required of integrating so many building blocks, I also have concerns 
as to whether or not we can complete this work in a timely manner, and in a 
way that will have real commercial impact.

My suggestion and request is that we follow along the lines of a comment I 
heard was made at the last WG meeting, and use this next meeting as a 
forcing function.  At that point, we as the TRACK authors will either have 
a new set of documents to present, and a clear path to completion, or it 
will be self-obvious that there isn't sufficient driving force and need to 
push TRACK through, and we can then remove it from the charter.

In the meantime, if there is anyone out there who would like to contribute 
to this work and has the appropriate expertise, please contact me.

Sincerely,
Brian

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt