Subject: [Rmt] WEBRC technical reports and ns code available

From: "Vivek Goyal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:36:04 -0700

The Research Library section of the Digital Fountain web site now includes
several items related to WEBRC.

Start navigating from
http://www.digitalfountain.com/technology/researchLibrary/
(This may require entering your name and e-mail address.)

 * The SIGCOMM 2002 paper on WEBRC appears under "published papers"

 * Reports that give much more detail than the SIGCOMM paper appear
   under "technical reports"

 * Slides for a presentation on WEBRC appear under "presentations"

 * A link to a set of pages that describe WEBRC and provide ns code and
   various scripts and tools appears under "congestion control research"

VERSIONING AND CONSISTENCY:  WEBRC has continued to evolve since the
  -02 draft was submitted in June 2002.  Thus, there is a lack of
  consistency between
    - the "current" (-02) protocol specification
    - the ns code
    - the SIGCOMM paper
    - the wide-ranging report ("WEBRC using MRTT: Extended Report")
    - the wave design report ("On WEBRC Wave Design ...")

  The four items are listed in order from oldest to newest.  So use
  the wide-ranging report, except for technical details on the wave
  design.  As changes to the protocol become less frequent, it will
  be much easier to have consistency between specification, code,
  and documentation.  Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
  That's our defense for now, and we're sticking to it.

  Mike and I intend to submit a revised protocol specification in time
  for IETF-55 (November 2002, Atlanta).

As always, questions and comments are welcomed.

Vivek Goyal
_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt