Subject: [Rmt] Postdoc position on multicast applications to GRID computing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:07:01 +0100

Dear Colleagues 

We will have an opening for a 2 year postdoc at BTexcat (BT Labs)-University
of Manchester on application of  IP multicast to grid computing, starting
early this summer. I would be  grateful if  you could forward the attached
ad to any interested candidate  (preferably with a solid background in
multicast).
Informal enquiries could be emailed to me.  The deadline  for applications
is April 28. 

mailto:[email-masked]  

Many thanks 
Maziar Nekovee

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
University of Manchester - BT Labs Martlesham
Research Associate

Manchester Computing, Europe's premier university computing facility,
together with BTexact, BT's 
advanced communication technologies business, are about to undertake an
exciting new project applying IP 
multicast to Grid computing.

We require a Research Associate to implement multicast communication
protocols for rapid, efficient and 
reliable data transmission for very high data rate transfer scenarios, and
to investigate their performance 
through network traffic measurements. 

The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate applied knowledge of sound
programming practice in C, 
C++ or Java in a Unix environment, good technical writing abilities and
excellent communication skills. 
Knowledge of multicast and network traffic measurements will be an
advantage. 

The appointee will spend some time both at BTexact in Martlesham and at the
University of Manchester, 
the exact proportions at each to be agreed with the successful candidate.

This post will be on RA scale in the range £20,311 to £26,270 for two years
in the first instance. Informal 
enquiries for the above post should be made to Dr  Maziar  Nekovee
([email-masked], +44-1473 
645 470).
Further details and application forms can be found  from the 
Office of the Director of Personnel, University of Manchester, Manchester
M13 9PL. Telephone: +44 
(0)161 275 2028; fax +44(0)161 275 2471; Minicom: +44(0)161 275 7889; email:
[email-masked]. 
Please quote the relevant reference number. 

----------------------------
Dr Maziar Nekovee
Complexity Research Group
Polaris 134
BTexact Technologies
Martlesham
Suffolk IP5 3RE, UK
tel:  +44-1473 645470
fax: +44-1473-642161
web: http://more.btexact.com/projects/complexity/nekovee/

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt