Subject: [Rmt] FW: [AVT] Work on FEC framework for RTP within 3GPP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:56:32 +0300

FYI...

(After this I guess anyone from RMT who's interested will be subscribed to AVT, so no more mass forwarding from me on this subject :)

Cheers, Rod.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of ext
Magnus Westerlund
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 5:37 PM
To: IETF AVT WG
Subject: [AVT] Work on FEC framework for RTP within 3GPP

Hi,

I would like to make all aware of the work on a FEC framework for RTP 
that is ongoing within the 3GPP SA4. It was agreed in the SA4 ad hoc 
meeting 11-13th of October on a working assumption that is according to:
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_sa/WG4_CODEC/Ad-hoc_PSM/Docs/S4-AHP159.zip
with the following changes:

- The FEC stream and the original data stream will be SSRC multiplexed 
instead of session multiplexed.

- The FEC payload header (the "FEC Tag") will be moved from last in the 
payload to first in the payload for the original stream format.

3GPP SA4 will continue to work in neckbreaking speed on this. A proposal 
for specification text for this FEC framework is expected to be 
available in time for the next SA4 meeting (22-26th Nov). The 
specification text needs to be approved on that meeting to meet the 
current deadline.

Comments on the approach is solicited.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt