Subject: [Rmt] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-fec-bb-revised-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 15:55:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Forward Error Correction (FEC) Building Block
	Author(s)	: M. Watson, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-fec-bb-revised-00.txt
	Pages		: 31
	Date		: 2005-5-3
	
This document describes how to use Forward Error Correction (FEC)
   codes to efficiently provide and/or augment reliability for data
   transport.  This document defines a framework for the definition of
   the information that needs to be communicated in order to use an FEC
   code for delivering content, in addition to the encoded data itself,
   and for definition of formats and codes for communcation of that
   information.  Both information communicated with the encoded data
   itself and information that needs to be communicated 'out-of-band'
   are considered.  The procedures for specifying new FEC codes,
   defining the information communication requirements associated with
   those codes and registering them with the Internet Assigned Numbers
   Authority (IANA) are also described.  The requirements on Content
   Delivery Protocols which wish to use FEC codes defined within this
   framework are also defined.  The companion document titled, "The Use
   of Forward Error Correction (FEC) in Reliable Multicast" describes
   some applications of FEC codes for delivering content.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-fec-bb-revised-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-fec-bb-revised-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-fec-bb-revised-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt