Subject: [Rmt] RFC 5053 on Raptor Forward Error Correction Scheme for Object Delivery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:27:37 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5053

        Title:      Raptor Forward Error Correction Scheme 
                    for Object Delivery 
        Author:     M. Luby, A. Shokrollahi,
                    M. Watson, T. Stockhammer
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 113743
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-raptor-object-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5053.txt

This document describes a Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
(FEC) scheme, corresponding to FEC Encoding ID 1, for the Raptor
forward error correction code and its application to reliable
delivery of data objects.

Raptor is a fountain code, i.e., as many encoding symbols as needed
can be generated by the encoder on-the-fly from the source symbols of
a source block of data.  The decoder is able to recover the source
block from any set of encoding symbols only slightly more in number
than the number of source symbols.

The Raptor code described here is a systematic code, meaning that all
the source symbols are among the encoding symbols that can be
generated.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Reliable Multicast Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt