Subject: [Rmt] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-04

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:10:11 -0400

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-04.txt has been successfuly submitted by Vincent Roca and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs
Revision:	 04
Title:		 Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes
Creation_date:	 2007-10-10
WG ID:		 rmt
Number_of_pages: 29

Abstract:
This document describes a Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
(FEC) Scheme for the Reed-Solomon FEC codes over GF(2^^m), with m in
{2..16}, and its application to the reliable delivery of data objects
on the packet erasure channel.

This document also describes a Fully-Specified FEC Scheme for the
special case of Reed-Solomon codes over GF(2^^8) when there is no
encoding symbol group.

Finally, in the context of the Under-Specified Small Block Systematic
FEC Scheme (FEC Encoding ID 129), this document assigns an FEC
Instance ID to the special case of Reed-Solomon codes over GF(2^^8).

Reed-Solomon codes belong to the class of Maximum Distance Separable
(MDS) codes, i.e., they enable a receiver to recover the k source
symbols from any set of k received symbols.  The schemes described
here are compatible with the implementation from Luigi Rizzo.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt