Subject: [Rmt] I-D Action:draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:20:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes
	Author(s)       : J. Lacan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2007-10-10

This document describes a Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
(FEC) Scheme for the Reed-Solomon FEC codes over GF(2^^m), with m in
{2..16}, and its application to the reliable delivery of data objects
on the packet erasure channel.

This document also describes a Fully-Specified FEC Scheme for the
special case of Reed-Solomon codes over GF(2^^8) when there is no
encoding symbol group.

Finally, in the context of the Under-Specified Small Block Systematic
FEC Scheme (FEC Encoding ID 129), this document assigns an FEC
Instance ID to the special case of Reed-Solomon codes over GF(2^^8).

Reed-Solomon codes belong to the class of Maximum Distance Separable
(MDS) codes, i.e., they enable a receiver to recover the k source
symbols from any set of k received symbols.  The schemes described
here are compatible with the implementation from Luigi Rizzo.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-04.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt