Subject: [Rmt] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmt-flute-sdp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:17:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : SDP Descriptors for FLUTE
	Author(s)       : Igor D.D. Curcio
                          Rod Walsh
                          Jani Peltotalo
                          Sami Peltotalo
                          Harsh Mehta
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmt-flute-sdp-02.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   This document specifies the use of SDP to describe the parameters
   required to begin, join, receive data from, and/or end FLUTE
   sessions.  It also provides a Composite Session SDP media grouping
   semantic for grouping media streams into protocol-specific sessions,
   such as multiple-channel FLUTE sessions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-flute-sdp-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-flute-sdp-02.txt

---

From: Jani Peltotalo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:51:55 +0200

Hi RMTers,

New version for FLUTE-SDP updated according to WGLC comments is now
available. Updates includes:

1. Term "FEC OTI" is changed to "FEC scheme" where appropriate to avoid
misunderstandings between the current specification's use for OTI
capability requirements description and the wider application of OTI for
receiver FEC configuration for LCT/FLUTE objects (the latter being
beyond the scope of the present specification).
2. More specific reference to Section 7.3.1 in
draft-ietf-rmt-flute-revised-13 for attacks against session descriptions
is added to Section 5.
3. The note on out of scope congestion control is moved to a more
sensible place.
4. Small change in Section 3.2.1.: "It is useful for describing..." -->
"It is used for describing..."

Some clarifications for  "no action" comments:

1.  t-line is mandatory in SDP description and "t= 0 0" can be used for
unbounded sessions.
2. The "counted" number for FLUTE/ALC/LCT channels should always be
right and the "a=flute-ch" should never be different from that. 1st
bullet point of 3.6.1 explains what to do at the client end if a problem
comes up.

Cheers, Jani & Rod
> _______________________________________________
> Rmt mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt