Subject: [rohc] Robust Header Compression (ROHC) over Wireless Ethernet Media (RO HCoWEM) Draft

From: "Fleming, Kris D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:04:56 -0700

All,
	Attached is a draft to support ROHC over WLANs and WPANs.  Comments
and opinions are welcome!

Thanks,

Kris

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2002 4:44 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fleming-rohc-wireless-ethernet-med-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Robust Header Compression (ROHC) over Wireless 
                          Ethernet Media ROHCoWEM
	Author(s)	: K. Fleming et al.
	Filename	: draft-fleming-rohc-wireless-ethernet-med-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2002-9-12
	
This document describes a protocol which supports the use of robust 
header compression (ROHC) [2] on IP datagrams transmitted over 
Ethernet and other 'Ethernet-Like' wireless media such as IEEE 
802.11, Bluetooth and other future wireless media based on IEEE 802.3.  
This draft defines a simple protocol to support ROHC over Wireless 
Ethernet Media (ROHCoWEM).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fleming-rohc-wireless-ethernet-med
-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in, type
"cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fleming-rohc-wireless-ethernet-med-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-fleming-rohc-wireless-ethernet-med-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:05:05 -0700