Subject: [rohc] What happened to ROHC TCP?

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:54:54 +0200

Dear all,

The TCP work has not progressed as expected for some time now,
mainly because of a lack of resources. When the ROHC TCP authors
met in Yokohama, we concluded that new flesh blood would be useful
both for the ROHC TCP document and for the actual technical work,
but at that point we were not able to procure any new resources.
However, we finally managed to get Ghyslain Pelletier involved, 
and he also agreed to serve as new editor for ROHC TCP. Ghyslain
has been working on a total rewrite of the draft and the authors
are currently finalizing this new version for submission before
the Atlanta ID cut-off. 

A new ROHC TCP version will thus appear, but without significant
technical changes. Hopefully, the new and streamlined version
will facilitate our further work with ROHC TCP. The material on
"enhanced unidirectional operation through TCP window estimation"
has also been taken out of the ROHC TCP document, since it is only
an implementation enhancement. That informational material will
instead be published in a separate draft (soon to appear).

Cheers,
/L-E

--------------------------------------
Lars-Erik Jonsson
IETF ROHC WG Chair
E-mail: [email-masked]
Phone: +46 920 20 21 07
Home: +46 920 999 57

My opinions are my personal opinions and should not be considered
as the opinions of my employer, if not explicitly stated. 
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:48:27 -0600

I have submitted the following draft for ROHC TCP
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saifullah-rohc-tcp-early-compression-00.txt

Perhaps the above draft will help in gaining some progress for the ROHC-TCP work.

The Early Compression enabler increases compression gain especially for short lived TCP connections. The enabler protocol changes can also be used to provide context replication. 

I have also submitted another informative draft that shows an example mechanism for the above enabler.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saifullah-rohc-tcp-early-comp-in-gprs-00.txt

Any comments are more than welcome.  

Regards,
Yousuf

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Lars-Erik Jonsson (EAB)
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 24 October, 2002 3:55 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [rohc] What happened to ROHC TCP?

Dear all,

Cheers,
/L-E