Subject: [rohc] Use of User-specific Dictionary

From: Chan Kwang Mien <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:42:55 +0800

hi,

i would like to refer to the test on Use of User-Specific Dictionary.

i) Should the User-Specific Dictionary be uploaded as plain text or included
as part of a SigComp message which means it has to be compressed ?

ii) How does endpoint 1 inform endpoint 2 that it is uploading the 
Dictionary to it ?
is there a special flag to indicate this ?

Thanks !!

regards,
Kwang Mien

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: "Price, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:31:09 -0000

> as part of a SigComp message which means it has to be compressed ?

Hi Kwang Mien,

The choice of how to upload the User-Specific Dictionary is made by the
compressor. The dictionary will always be part of a SigComp message,
but it's up to the compressor to decide whether to send the dictionary
compressed or as plain text.

> is there a special flag to indicate this ?

Endpoint 1 informs endpoint 2 that it is uploading the dictionary by
sending a piece of UDVM bytecode. This code should tell endpoint 2
to decompress the dictionary (if necessary) and then to save it as
state, so that it can be retrieved when later messages need to be
decompressed.

Regards,

Richard