Subject: [rohc] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-over-reordering-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:09:19 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RObust Header Compression (ROHC): ROHC over 
			  Channels that can Reorder Packets
	Author(s)	: G. Pelletier, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rohc-over-reordering-00.txt
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 2004-10-12
	
RObust Header Compression (ROHC), RFC 3095, defines a framework for
   header compression, along with a number of compression protocols
   (profiles). One operating assumption for the profiles defined in RFC
   3095 is that the channel between compressor and decompressor is
   required to maintain packet ordering. This document discusses aspects
   of using ROHC over channels that can reorder packets. It provides
   guidelines on how to implement existing profiles over such channels,
   as well as suggestions for the design of new profiles.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-over-reordering-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rohc-over-reordering-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-over-reordering-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Ramin Rezaiifar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:46:15 -0700

The values in the 3rd column of the table on page 7 don't seem to be
correct.

For example, when k=4, (2^k-1)-p is equal to 16-1-1=14.

The values in the 3rd column are computed as: 2^(k-1)-1  (but I think
it should really be (2^k-1)-p)

-Ramin Rezaiifar

[email-masked]

[email-masked] wrote:

Send a message to:
[email-masked].
In the body type: