Subject: [rohc] draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-impl-guide-14.txt & draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-improvements-00.txt

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (LU/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:59:14 +0200

ROHCers,

As promised in Paris, I have now separated out appendix B from
the ROHC implementer's guide. This means we now have two documents,
with the following contents and purposes:

* draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-impl-guide-14.txt

This is the original implementer's guide, including clarifications
and corrections to RFC 3095. Since we have revised our previous
plan to take RFC 3095 further to Draft Standard, and instead 
decided to put our efforts into an improved ROHCv2 profile set,
the original intent to never publish the implementer's guide also
had to be revised (see Paris meeting minutes). The intent is now
to publish the implementer's guide, and thereby provide RFC 3095
implementer's with a stable reference for the corrections needed
to get interoperable implementations.

The draft in its -14 version is therefore identical to -13, with
the following exceptions:
- Appendix B has been removed.
- Abstract and Introduction have been rewritten to capture the new
  intent and purpose of the document.
- Kristofer Sandlund has been added as an author, since he has
  provided lots of material to the draft during its history, and
  reviewed/implemented all corrections and clarifications.

* draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-improvements-00.txt

This is Appendix B from -13 of the implementer's guide,
containing our so far agreed WG plan for ROHCv2. This document
is thus not supposed to be published as an RFC, but only be used
as the basis for the ROHCv2 profile set specification.

/L-E

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc