Subject: RE: [rohc] SigComp interoperability testing?

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (LU/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:17:51 +0200

> > Pure SigComp testing was what I was considering.
> 
> cristian: now, trying to be very practical and realistic,
> the only real world environment (I know of) where sigcomp
> is (or is going to be) deployed is ims. and in this
> environment sigcomp is used for compressing sip messages;
> so, in my oppinion, testing SIP/SigComp does make a lot of 
> sense. 

You are probably right that this is the only "environment"
where SigComp is currently envisioned to be used. However,
my point was simply that for this WG, the only specification
we are currently able to advance to DS is RFC 3320, i.e.
basic SigComp, and from that point of view it is irrelevant
what SigComp is used for when testing SigComp interoperability.

/L-E

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc