Subject: [rohc] respo

From: "LI_JING" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 15:50:25 +0800

hi, ROHCers,

            As 8.8 in <The RFC 3095 Implementer's Guide> state,

  "  8.8  How to respond to lost feedback links

  One potential issue that might have to be considered, depending on
   link technology, is whether feedback links might get lost, and in
   such cases how this is handled. When the compressor is notified that
   the feedback channel is down, the compressor must be able to handle
   it by restarting compression with creating a new context. Creating a
   new context also implies to use a new CID value.
 
   Generally, feedback links are not expected to disappear when once
   present, but it should be noted that this might be the case for
   certain link technologies.."
　　　　　　　　　　　　　
　        Why here suggest creating a new context to compress instead of
using old context,which back its current mode to U mode ? 
    
           U mode is just designed for compression without feedback link.Here
I think, just a proper application for U mode.

         How about your ideas ?       　
　　　　　　　　　　　　　
　　　　　　　　　　　　　　　　
BR
LI JING  
TEL: (+86)029-87916666-6075
Mail: [email-masked]
****************************************************************
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information 
from DATANG MOBILE, which is intended only for the person or entity
whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained 
herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial
 disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than 
the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail 
in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately 
and delete it!  Thank you.
*****************************************************************
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc