Subject: [rohc] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-jonsson-rohc-rfc3095bis-framework-00.txt

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (LU/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 18:43:11 +0100

ROHCers,

We have been discussing RFC3095bis for a very long time, and during
the last year discussions have been more concrete, starting to focus
on what RFC3095bis should really be about. 

Details on the envisioned outcome have emerged, and issues have been
documented in draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-improvements-01.txt when
there have been clear consensus on incorporating the specific issue.

Two documents are expected to come out of this, one explicitly
defining the ROHC Framework, and one defining an updated profile
set for ROHC Uncompressed, IP/UDP/RTP, IP/UDP, IP/ESP, IP only, and
IP/UDP-Lite (i.e. updated versions of all RFC3095-based profiles).

The draft announced here is an initial attempt on the former of
these two envisioned documents, defining the ROHC Framework. An
initial version on the latter document is of course also needed,
but generating that one is a more complex work, which will take some
more time to complete. 

But for now, please read and comment on the ROHC Framework draft,
the intention is of course to soon adopt it as WG draft and continue
the document development in the WG.

Rgds,
/Lars-Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: den 11 november 2005 21:50
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jonsson-rohc-rfc3095bis-framework-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: The RObust Header Compression (ROHC) Framework
	Author(s)	: L. Jonsson, et al.
	Filename	: draft-jonsson-rohc-rfc3095bis-framework-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2005-11-11
	
   The RObust Header Compression (ROHC) protocol provides an efficient,
   flexible and future-proof header compression concept. It is designed
   to operate efficiently and robustly over various link technologies
   with different characteristics. RFC 3095 defined the ROHC framework
   along with an initial set of compression profiles. To improve and
   simplify the specification, it has been agreed that the framework and
   the profiles parts of RFC 3095 be split into separate documents.

   This document explicitly defines the ROHC framework, and thus
   replaces the framework specification of RFC 3095.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jonsson-rohc-rfc3095bis-framew
ork-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jonsson-rohc-rfc3095bis-framework-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-jonsson-rohc-rfc3095bis-framework-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc