Subject: RE: [rohc] How to transfer the uncompressed SN value

From: "Sarkar, Biplab" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:40:59 +0530

Zhenghua,

You have a good point. 
I believe it is highly unlikely that we would need more bits for
representing the compressed SN as we are sure the decompressor is in
sync with the compressor as far as the static entries are concerned. The
IR-DYN packet for the RTP profile has 2-octets for RTP-SN. But the
RTP-Timestamp is marked as obsolete, instead the TS_Stride/Time_Stride
is sent across.  That being the case, I believe in case of UOR-2 it is
sufficient to send across uncompressed TS. Note SN increases by 1 as per
as the RFC1889. But TS might increase more abruptly.

Thanks
Biplab

-----Original Message-----
From: tangzhenghua [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 8:15 AM
To: Sarkar, Biplab; Lars-Erik Jonsson
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [rohc] How to transfer the uncompressed SN value

Biplab,

According to current document,an IR packet must be sended if we need
transfer an uncompressed SN field.

But i am puzzled that why uncompressed TS value can be sended using UOR2
header with an extension of type 3,because the length of TS value in
extension of type 3 is 4 bytes.

So why the length of SN value in extension of type 3 is just 1 bytes?can
we extend it to 2 bytes ?

Thanks

Zhenghua
Phone:+86-21-68644808-23504
Mobile:+86-21-28443691
*****************************************************************
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure,
reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!
*****************************************************************
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Sarkar, Biplab" <[email-masked]>
To: "tangzhenghua" <[email-masked]>; "Lars-Erik Jonsson"
<[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 7:17 PM
Subject: RE: [rohc] How to transfer the uncompressed SN value

Zhenghua,

I believe these different formats are meant only for compresses SN. For
sending uncompressed SN you will have to use the IR  packets.

Thanks
Biplab

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
tangzhenghua
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 4:31 PM
To: Lars-Erik Jonsson
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [rohc] How to transfer the uncompressed SN value

Hi,Rohcers

If we need transfer the uncompressed SN,which packet format can we use?

If we transferr it using an UOR-2 header (see section 5.7) with an
extension of type 3.the bit numbers of Sn provided by this packet format
is less than 16 bits.But the origin Sn value can up to 16bits,such as
65535

Thanks

Zhenghua
Phone:+86-21-68644808-23504
Mobile:+86-21-28443691
*****************************************************************
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure,
reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!
*****************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

"This email message and any attachments are confidential information of
Starent Networks, Corp. The information transmitted may not be used to
create or change any contractual obligations of Starent Networks, Corp.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
any action in reliance upon this e-mail and its attachments by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately -- by
replying to this message or by sending an email to
[email-masked] -- and destroy all copies of this message
and any attachments without reading or disclosing their contents. Thank
you."

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc