Subject: [rohc] problem with static dictionary

From: "Sarvamangala" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 20:32:57 +0530

Hi abbie
Thanks for the reply

I am using the deflate algorithm  and i am enclosing the bytecode which supports returned feedback data + sip/sdp dictionary. i am making sure the dictionary is stored from location 1024 as specified in STATE_ACCESS.  

static const bytecode[307]={
 0x1f, 0xa2 , 0x6d, 0x06 , 0x00, 0x00, 0xa4, 0x00 ,0x00,  
 0x0f, 0x86 , 0x7a, 0xa2 , 0x82, 0x8d ,0x05, 0xa2 ,0x82, 0x00,
 0x03, 0x00 , 0x04, 0x00 , 0x05, 0x00 ,0x06, 0x00 ,0x07, 0x00,
 0x08, 0x00 , 0x09, 0x00 , 0x0a, 0x01 ,0x0b, 0x01 ,0x0d, 0x01,
 0x0f, 0x01 , 0x11, 0x02 , 0x13, 0x02 ,0x17, 0x02 ,0x1b, 0x02,
 0x1f, 0x03 , 0x23, 0x03 , 0x2b, 0x03 ,0x33, 0x03 ,0x3b, 0x04,
 0xa0, 0x43 , 0x04, 0xa0 , 0x53, 0x04 ,0xa0, 0x63 ,0x04, 0xa0,
 0x73, 0x05 , 0xa0, 0x83 , 0x05, 0xa0 ,0xa3, 0x05 ,0xa0, 0xc3,
 0x05, 0xa0 , 0xe3, 0x00 , 0xa1, 0x02 ,0x00, 0x01 ,0x00, 0x02,
 0x00, 0x03 , 0x00, 0x04 , 0x01, 0x05 ,0x01, 0x07 ,0x02, 0x09,
 0x02, 0x0d , 0x03, 0x11 , 0x03, 0x19 ,0x04, 0x21 ,0x04, 0x31,
 0x05, 0xa0 , 0x41, 0x05 , 0xa0, 0x61 ,0x06, 0xa0 ,0x81, 0x06,
 0xa0, 0xc1 , 0x07, 0xa1 , 0x01, 0x07 ,0xa1, 0x81 ,0x08, 0xa2,
 0x01, 0x08 , 0xa3, 0x01 , 0x09, 0xa4 ,0x01, 0x09 ,0xa6, 0x01,
 0x0a, 0xa8 , 0x01, 0x0a , 0xac, 0x01 ,0x0b, 0xb0 ,0x01, 0x0b,
 0xb8, 0x01 , 0x0c, 0x80 , 0x20, 0x01 ,0x0c, 0x80 ,0x30, 0x01,
 0x0d, 0x80 , 0x40, 0x01 , 0x0d, 0x80 ,0x60, 0x01 ,0x1d, 0x03,
 0x22, 0x9f , 0xb4, 0x1e , 0x20, 0xa0 ,0x65, 0x04 ,0x07, 0x00,
 0x17, 0x80 , 0x40, 0x11 , 0x01, 0x30 ,0xa0, 0xbf ,0x00, 0x00,
 0xa0, 0xc0 , 0xa0, 0xc7 , 0x80, 0x40 ,0x29, 0x01 ,0xa1, 0x90,
 0xa1, 0xff , 0xa0, 0x90 , 0x17, 0x50 ,0x80, 0x40 ,0x11, 0x09,
 0xa0, 0x46 , 0x13, 0x22 , 0x21, 0x01 ,0x13, 0x21 ,0x01, 0x23,
 0x16, 0x9f , 0xd1, 0x08 , 0x10, 0x04 ,0x12, 0x50 ,0x04, 0x22,
 0x1d, 0x51 , 0x22, 0x9f , 0xd7, 0x06 ,0x12, 0x51 ,0x1e, 0x20,
 0x9f, 0xcf , 0x01, 0x05 , 0x00, 0x1f ,0x2f, 0x08 ,0x10, 0x04,
 0x12, 0x50 , 0x04, 0x26 , 0x1d, 0x53 ,0x26, 0xf6 ,0x06, 0x14,
 0x53, 0x0e , 0x20, 0x63 , 0x14, 0x54 ,0x52, 0x23 ,0x22, 0x50,
 0x52, 0x16 , 0x9f, 0x9e , 0x0e, 0xa1 ,0x36, 0xbb ,0x01, 0x1c,
 0x01, 0xA1 , 0x35, 0xa2 , 0x5a, 0x1c ,0xc1, 0x34 ,0xa1, 0x38,
 0xa2, 0x5a , 0x23, 0x00 , 0xa1, 0x35 ,0xbf ,0xc0, 0x86,
 0xa1, 0xde , 0x06, 0xfb , 0xe5, 0x07 ,0xdf, 0xe5, 0xe6 }; 

could u please tell me if this code is correct. 
Regards
Mangala
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Surtees, Abigail 
  To: Sarvamangala ; [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 7:07 PM
  Subject: RE: [rohc] problem with static dictionary

  Hi Mangala,

  What you have to do depends on the compression algorithm you are using.  You may have to modify the your algorithm or the bytecode for the additional mechanism to get them to work together (see second paragraph of section 5).  In particular, for the static dictionary, you have to make sure that the parameters of the STATE-ACCESS instruction are appropriate for your algorithm.  For example, do you want the dictionary to be written beginning at 1024?  If not, you need to change that parameter.

  In general the user's guide provides examples of how to write well-known algorithms and the additional mechanisms in bytecode.  However, these are simply examples.  The exact bytecode you use is up to you.

  I hope this helps,

  Best regards,

  Abbie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  From: Sarvamangala [mailto:[email-masked]] 
  Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:22 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [rohc] problem with static dictionary

    Hi
    i am using the bytecode given in sigcomp user's guide-04.txt. Announcing additional parameters is working fine(returned parameter data). i am facing problem with sip/sdp static dictionary.
    i am storing the dictionary in UDVM buffer from location 1024. but not able to get the correct decompressed output. could someone please tell me if anything has to be done other than inserting the STATE_ACCESS instr for the given bytecode

    Regards
    Mangala

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  _______________________________________________
  Rohc mailing list
  [email-masked]
  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Cristian CONSTANTIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:52:00 +0100

> could u please tell me if this code is correct. 

cristian: hi! I'm using as a "third party" testing tool ethereal. 
version 0.10.14 does a good job at disassembling the bytecode and
showing you the udvm execution trace.
you could try it and see what's wrong with your bytecode.

bye now!
cristian
-- 
 _          | There are many people who use UNIX or Linux  
(_'_        | who IMHO do not understand UNIX.
  (_'rist   |              --David Korn  
GPG public key at wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc