Subject: [rohc] Basic concepts LSB and WLSB?

From: Anbarasu Poosappan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:02:32 +0530

Hi ROCHers,
        I read the mailing list from beginning. If I am correct, when 
proposing the initial drafts ROCCO and ACE there was some basic 
implementation details on how to do LSB and WLSB 
For example: 
In ACE draft, basic concept of VLE - Variable Length Encoding (later 
renamed as WLSB) was given.
Reference: When the compressor has to compress a value v, it calculates 
the range r = max (|v - v_max|, |v - v_min|).  The value of k needed is k 
= ceiling (log2 (2 * r + 1)), i.e., the compressor sends the   ceiling 
(log2 (2 * r +1)) LSB’s of v as the encoded value.
and similarly in other draft
Why are those details removed? . Is there any standard implementation (any 
draft) that everyone should follow or it is left to implementers?

Warm Regards
Anbarasu P

Larsen & Toubro Infotech Limited
Plot No. 25-30, EPIP 1st phase, 
KIADB industrial Area,
Whitefield, Bangalore 560 066

______________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc