Subject: [rohc] sigcomp ACK (rfc 3321) vs NACK (rfc 4077)

From: Cristian Constantin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 15:21:16 +0000

hi!

suppose the following scenario takes place:

1. there is a compartment mapped to a a certain phone in an proxy; the
compartment has a certain lifetime and using the mech spec. in rfc3321
knows that some states are available at the other end (i.e. the phone).
2. the phone reboots (unexpectedly); all its state is lost.
3. the phone is now online again; the proxy maps the signalling with the
phone to the _same_ compartment as before. 
(it has no idea that the phone has rebooted...)
4. since the lifetime of the compartment in the proxy has not expired,
the proxy will still try to access the acke'ed states that are supposed
to be found at the phone.

what will it happen? is it true that rfc 3321 cannot cope with this but
rfc 4077 does?

bye now!
cristian

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc