Subject: [rohc] SigComp UDVM

From: "Gangadharan G - NPD, Chennai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 04:46:17 +0530

Hi All,
 
I am having doubt regarding UDVM.
 
               ***********************************************************
               * Register  *  Bytecode  *        Circular Buffer        *
               ***********************************************************
 
When the state value is loaded in the Circular buffer using the UDVM
instruction STATE-ACCESS,
how to get the no. of bytes written in the circular buffer by the
STATE-ACCESS i.e., length of the state value. 
This is required to update the decompressor_pointer.
 
Thanks,
Gangadharan.

Disclaimer:

This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that is confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies and its customers, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the individual or the entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: cco <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 19:22:34 +0000

> I am having doubt regarding UDVM.

cristian: with a STATE-ACCESS you have 2 choices.

1. you spec. the state length. in this case you update the decompressor
pointer with the state length.

2. you spec. a 0 state length and the state length saved at the state
creation is used. I guess this is the case you are dealing with.
in this case your compressor has to know what are the sizes of the
states (windows) it is working with and the bytecode has to update the
decompressor pointer accordingly.

bye now!
cristian