Subject: [rohc] Modification to the RFC 3095 corrections and clarifications draft

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson \(LU/EAB\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:32:08 +0200

ROHCers,

When reviewing draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-impl-guide-19.txt once more,
Ghyslain has questioned the meaning of the content of section 3.3.
Although I know both paragraphs were written based on questions
from implementer's, I do agree they can now be questioned. The
proposal is thus to:
1) Remove the first paragraph, in today's ROHC world it is a
   well-known fact that modes are profile specific.
2) Make a rewrite of the second paragraph to make it clearer.
   Proposed text:

--------------------------------------------------------------
3.3. Packet decoding during mode transition

  The purpose of a mode transition is to ensure that the
  compressor and the decompressor coherently move from one mode
  of operation to another using a three-way handshake. At one
  point during the mode transition, the decompressor
  acknowledges the reception of one (or more) IR, IR-DYN or
  UOR-2 packet(s) that have mode bits set to the new mode.
  Packets of type 0 or 1 that are received up to this point are
  decompressed using the old mode, while afterwards they are
  decompressed using the new mode. If the enhanced transition
  procedures described in section 3.1 of this document are
  used, the setting of the D_TRANS parameter to P represents
  this breakpoint. The successful decompression of a packet of
  type 0 or type 1 completes the mode transition.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Any objections? Otherwise I plan to make this adjustment and
then submit rev -20 of the draft next week. 

/L-E

-----------------------------------
Lars-Erik Jonsson, M.Sc.
Senior Research Engineer
Wireless IP Optimizations
AWARE - Advanced Wireless Algorithm Research
Ericsson Research, Corporate Unit
Ericsson AB
Box 920, S-971 28 Luleå, Sweden
E-mail: [email-masked]                      /"\
Phone: +46 8 404 29 61                                      \ /
Fax: +46 920 996 21               ASCII Ribbon Campaign      X
Home: +46 63 355 24            against HTML email & vCards  / \

My opinions are my personal opinions and should not be considered
as the opinions of my employer, if not explicitly stated.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc