Subject: [rohc] RE:

From: "Surtees, Abigail" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:54:52 +0100

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the comments.  I mostly agree with your rephrasing - I don't think it needs the 'if advertised' though, because all the bullets are 'if advertised'.

Cheers,

Abbie

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Price [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wed 27/09/2006 13:45
To: Surtees, Abigail; [email-masked]
Cc: John Barber
Subject: RE:
 
Hi Abbie,

Just one small comment where you give the general lifetime of a
"dictionary" item of state:

"persist for the duration of the compartment"

I'd rephrase this as "if advertised, are available for at least the
duration of the compartment". Because the state itself may be available
for longer (although of course we can't guarantee this unless it is
defined somewhere).

There's also a typo "avaiable", and you mention the UDVM instruction
"SIGCOMP-FREE" which I believe should be "STATE-FREE".

Cheers,

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Surtees, Abigail [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 27 September 2006 09:03
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Richard Price; John Barber
Subject: 

Hi All,

The SigComp implementer's guide has expired again.  I have put a new
version here:
http://sigcomp.srmr.co.uk/~ahs/draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-impl-guide-07.txt

I have proposed some text that I think covers the recent locally
available state discussion (see
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rohc/current/msg04466.html).
Please have a look at section 10.3 and let me know what you think.

Are there other comments, issues that should be addressed before
submission of the draft?  If I don't hear anything by Friday (and the
text for 10.3 is agreed by then), I will submit the draft on Monday.

Best regards,

Abbie

--
Abbie Surtees
Consultant Engineer
Roke Manor Research Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1794 833131 
Fax: +44 (0)1794 833433

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc