Subject: [rohc] ROHC-v2

From: "Mallikarjuna.H.B" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 04:36:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
This message is in response to the rohc-v2 draft given below:
       draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles-01

outer headers and the ipv6  extension headers are to be sent to the
decompressor through the IR packet as the static and the dynamic chains and
in the CO_repair packet as the irregular chain.
After studying RFC 4996, it is written that irregular chain to be defined
analagous to the static chain.i am not understanding what is the meaning of
it?
if anybody asks me i shall say that the irregular chain is not clearly
defined.any body who knew this please plz reply to this.i am eagerly waiting
to know how the irregular chain is defined.

for eg, say to compress packets with 2 ip ext headers. Initially i shall
send these headers through the IR packet. later if the second header changes
and that needs to sent through the irregular chain. even if i send the 2nd
header how the decompressor could know?

if the outer ip also present what should be the order of sending these
headers in the irregular chain.

regards,
Mallikarjuna
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/ROHC-v2-tf4514962.html#a12877694
Sent from the IETF - Rohc mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc