Subject: [rohc] New WG chair for ROHC

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:44:55 +0200

Hi ROHC participants.

This is to announce that the ROHC WG now has a new chair in Carl
Knutsson ([email-masked]). Welcome and good luck to him in his
new role.

Lars-Erik Jonsson is also stepping down at this point. I big great THANK
YOU to him for his long and productive service to the IETF. He has been
chair for this WG since 2002 and been part in the publication of at
least 25 RFCs.

Thanks

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM/M
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:02:09 +0200

> Knutsson ([email-masked]). Welcome and good luck to him  

A hearty welcome to Carl from a former co-chair!

> chair for this WG since 2002 and been part in the publication of at

Indeed, it is hard to overestimate the role Lars-Erik has played in  
this WG.
While the ROHC working group may not have the front pages of Computer  
World magazine, it has been (and is) a "quiet success story" (in the  
words of a former AD) and Lars-Erik has the most prominent share in  
that success.

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: "Ghyslain Pelletier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 11:42:31 +0200

I can only agree entirely with Carsten on all points!

Many thanks to Lars-Erik for his successful time chairing this working
group!

I think it is really great that Carl accepted to take over this role! 

///Ghyslain

Carsten Bormann wrote:
>> Knutsson ([email-masked]). Welcome and good luck to him in
>> his new role.
> 
>> Lars-Erik Jonsson is also stepping down at this point. I big great
>> THANK YOU to him for his long and productive service to the IETF. He
>> has been chair for this WG since 2002 and been part in the
>> publication of at least 25 RFCs.
>