Subject: [rohc] RFC 5225 on RObust Header Compression Version 2 (ROHCv2): Profiles for RTP, UDP, IP, ESP and UDP-Lite

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:25:04 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5225

        Title:      RObust Header Compression Version 2 
                    (ROHCv2): Profiles for RTP, UDP, IP, 
                    ESP and UDP-Lite 
        Author:     G. Pelletier, K. Sandlund
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       April 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      124
        Characters: 246120
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5225.txt

This document specifies ROHC (Robust Header Compression) profiles
that efficiently compress RTP/UDP/IP (Real-Time Transport Protocol,
User Datagram Protocol, Internet Protocol), RTP/UDP-Lite/IP (User
Datagram Protocol Lite), UDP/IP, UDP-Lite/IP, IP and ESP/IP
(Encapsulating Security Payload) headers.

This specification defines a second version of the profiles found in
RFC 3095, RFC 3843 and RFC 4019; it supersedes their definition, but
does not obsolete them.

The ROHCv2 profiles introduce a number of simplifications to the
rules and algorithms that govern the behavior of the compression
endpoints.  It also defines robustness mechanisms that may be used by
a compressor implementation to increase the probability of
decompression success when packets can be lost and/or reordered on
the ROHC channel.  Finally, the ROHCv2 profiles define their own
specific set of header formats, using the ROHC formal notation.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc