Subject: [rohc] Query regarding RoHC TCP List Based Compression

From: "Simon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:29:26 +0530

Dear RoHC'ers
I have a query regarding the TCP List compression. In the Section 6.3.1 
of the RFC 4996 it is mentioned that when the structure and the content
of the list are unchanged no information about the list is sent in the
compressed headers. This point contradicts the one mentioned in Section
6.3.2 Table-Based Item compression where in it is mentioned that once
the compressor has gained the confidence, the index alone is sent in the
compressed lists to indicate the presence of the item corresponding to this
index.

Request you to kindly clarify the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Simon 

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.

---

From: Carl Knutsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:57:14 +0100

Simon,

Section 6.3.1 is an overview of "the basic principles of list-based
compression". When paragraph/bullet 2) mention that the the list
changes, it is relative the contexts (of the compressor and
decompressor). The list is still in change until confidence is obtained.

So my interpretation is that the part in section 6.3.2 about the
compressor building confidence falls under paragraph 4) of section
6.3.1, not 2).

Best Regards,

Carl Knutsson