Subject: [rohc] List compression:IPX

From: "Abhishek Saurabh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:50:39 +0530

Hi All,

With reference to L-E. Jonsson's draft version of modification to RFC3095
dated August 9, 2005 (attached below)
I would like to query if the changes suggested in the draft can be taken
into consideration for current implementation
of RoHC without facing interoperatibility issues.

I was implementing the List compression of all IPv6 extension header as i
came across  draft,
which says no List compression of IP extensions should not be done
[Sec2.2].Which is contrary  to RFC4815
where there is no such statement made about not compressing of IP extensions
using List compression.

Kindly clarify  the same.I would be very thankful for your prompt
clarification on the same.

Thanks & Regards
Abhishek Saurabh
Engineer-D&D,VoIP
Tata Elxsi Ltd,Bangalore

---

From: Carl Knutsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:49:30 +0100

Abhishek Saurabh,

The last version of this draft expired in March 2007. It was replaced by
draft-ietf-rohc-rfc3095bis-rohcv2-profiles that was pusblished as
RFC5225 (ROHCv2). RFC5225 does not use list compression for IP extension
headers.

/Calle

Abhishek Saurabh wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Rohc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc