Subject: Re: [rohc] IPID in Extension3

From: Carl Knutsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:56:49 +0200

Manoranjan Sahu,

I don't have a personal support agreement with you, so I guess your
intention was to send this email to the rohc list. If not, please send
this kind of questions to the rohc list in the future.

I believe this question can be found in the RFC if you read it
carefully. Have you for example studied the RFC4815 section 8.2? RFC4815
 updates RFC3095 (see top of RFC3095).

Also, this question have been asked before on the list. The least
minimum effort before sending a question to list (or RFC authors) should
be to read the RFCs and search the list archives.

Read the thread that start with this message:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rohc/current/msg01675.html

By the way, we will achieve exactly the same compression efficiency by
sending it offset encoded compared to sending it uncompressed.

Best regards,

Carl Knutsson
ROHC WG chair

Manoranjan Sahu wrote:
> Hi,
>    Thanking you for your Previous responses to questions related to ROHC ,
>    I have a doubt regarding Ext3 in RFC 3095.
>    *IPID in Ext3 is compressed(Offset IPID) or Uncompressed(Original
> IPID) ? *
>    if your answer is compressed IPID then please clarify why is that so
> as per my understanding
>    in RFC 3095 Extension3 format has 16 bit IPID field ,hence  we can
> send  full IPID
>   through  Ext3 ,there is no reason why we should compress that IPID as
> we will achieve
>   nothing .
>    Please reply soon .
>    Thanking you & With Regards,
>    Manoranjan Sahu
> 
> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments
> to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s)
> and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If
> you are not the intended
> recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
> Please notify the sender immediately and destroy
> all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.
> 
>