Subject: [rohc] ROHC-TCP queries - Context Replication

From: Karthik Balaguru <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:25:22 +0530

Hi all,

The section 3.4.3 of RFC 4164, states the following - "In particular,
a decompressor implementation performing strict memory management,
such as deleting context state information when a connection-oriented
flow (e.g., TCP) is known to have terminated, SHOULD send STATIC-NACK
in this case. Otherwise, there is a risk that the compressor will
maintain a specific CID as a potential candidate for a later
replication attempt, while actually there is insufficient state left
in the decompressor for this CID to act as a Base CID."

That is, it states that the decompressor  should send a STATIC NACK on TCP
connection termination. But, how will the decompressor know about TCP
connection termination ? Any ideas ?

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru

________________________________
This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.

______________________________________________________________________