Subject: [rohc] RTP TS reset/wraparound (UOR-2 extension 3 TSC=0)

From: zbyszek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 02:12:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

How compressor should send TS  (UOR-2 extension 3 TSC=0) when TS=0xA0 (there
was gap: RTP TS has been reseted -> so behaviour is like in TS wraparound?).

RFC4815 says that:

/4.1.  Encoding Used for Compressed TS Bits
...
   If a compressed packet
   carries an Extension 3 and field(Tsc)=0, the compressed packet must
   thus always carry unscaled TS bits.  For TS values sent in Extension
   3, W-LSB encoded values are sent using the self-describing variable-
   length format (RFC 3095-Section 4.5.6), and this applies to both
   scaled and unscaled values./

for TS=0xA0 SDVL (RFC 3095-Section 4.5.6) says that TS should be allocated
in 14-bit (2 octets)

My question is: when compressor will send unscaled TS on 14-bit if
decompressor will be able to decode it properly when there was
reset/wraparound of TS? or compressor should sent TS on 32-bit or use IR-DYN
packet? (scenario: UOR-2 extension 3 TSC=0, TS=0xA0)

Br Zbyszek

--
View this message in context: http://ietf.10.n7.nabble.com/RTP-TS-reset-wraparound-UOR-2-extension-3-TSC-0-tp389279.html
Sent from the IETF - Rohc mailing list archive at Nabble.com.