Subject: [Roll] I-D Action:draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 14:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Urban WSNs Routing Requirements in Low Power and Lossy Networks
	Author(s)       : M. Dohler, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2008-07-03

The application-specific routing requirements for Urban Low Power and
Lossy Networks (U-LLNs) are presented in this document.  In the near
future, sensing and actuating nodes will be placed outdoors in urban
environments so as to improve the people's living conditions as well
as to monitor compliance with increasingly strict environmental laws.
These field nodes are expected to measure and report a wide gamut of
data, such as required in smart metering, waste disposal,
meteorological, pollution and allergy reporting applications.  The
majority of these nodes is expected to communicate wirelessly which -
given the limited radio range and the large number of nodes -
requires the use of suitable routing protocols.  The design of such
protocols will be mainly impacted by the limited resources of the
nodes (memory, processing power, battery, etc.) and the
particularities of the outdoors urban application scenarios.  As
such, for a wireless ROLL solution to be useful, the protocol(s)
ought to be energy-efficient, scalable, and autonomous.  This
documents aims to specify a set of requirements reflecting these and
further U-LLNs tailored characteristics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll

---

From: Tim Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:43:11 -0400

Roll WG,

There is a new revision of the urban routing requirements draft available:

Broad changes include:
    - breaking out the introduction into further subsections
    - elaborating on the application scenarios
    - expanding upon the Security Considerations.

In addition there have been some minor changes to formatting and tweaks 
to requirements language.

We would appreciate your comments and feedback.  Please post them to the 
list.

Regards,

-Tim