Subject: [Roll] Brian Haberman's Discuss on draft-ietf-roll-mpl-parameter-configuration-07: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: "Brian Haberman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 07:39:59 -0700

Brian Haberman has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-roll-mpl-parameter-configuration-07: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-mpl-parameter-configuration/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated for -07...

1. Resolved

2. In section 2.3 (MPL Forwarder Behavior), there should be a brief
discussion of the role of the MPL Domain Address and include a reference
to [I-D.ietf-roll-trickle-mcast].

3. Resolved

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- Why is the text in Appendix A not in the Operational Considerations
section?

---

From: Yusuke DOI <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 14:27:39 +0900

Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for your review!

(snip)
> to [I-D.ietf-roll-trickle-mcast].
(snip)

Does the following text added on Section 2.3 looks good for you?

"""
If a DHCPv6 client requests and receives the MPL Parameter
Configuration Option, the node SHOULD join the MPL domain given by
the option and act as an MPL forwarder.  Note that there may be cases
in which a node may fail to join a domain (or domains) due to local
resource constraints.  Each joining node SHOULD configure its MPL
forwarder with the given parameter set for the MPL domain.
<added>
Each MPL domain is defined by an MPL Domain Address given by an MPL
Parameter Configuration Option. As defined in Section 2 of
[I-D.ietf-roll-trickle-mcast], an MPL Domain Address is an IPv6
multicast address associated to a set of MPL network interfaces
in an MPL Domain.
</added>
"""

It's my another mistake. I'll move it on next revision (already merged as operational consideration on my local repo)

Best Regards,

// Yusuke DOI <[email-masked]>

On 2015-09-09 23:39, Brian Haberman wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Roll mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll
>

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 12:40:48 -0400

These changes look good.

Regards,
Brian

On 9/30/15 1:27 AM, Yusuke DOI wrote:
> It's my another mistake. I'll move it on next revision (already merged
> as operational consideration on my local repo)
> 
> Best Regards,
>