Subject: Re: [Roll] Border router failure detection

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 12:44:19 -0400

Konrad Iwanicki <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > I may be wrong, but what I understood from Pascal's idea is that we
    > could try to get the root more involved in the process of coordinating
    > the children acting as sentinels, at least in the periods when it is
    > up.

I think that this is an interesting thing to do.
I wonder if we need to do this now, or if it is something that could be added
later.

As I think about it, I think that we should (quickly) publish RNFD as an
Experimental RFC.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Konrad Iwanicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 11:21:24 +0200

> I wonder if we need to do this now, or if it is something that could be added

That's a good question. From what I remember, the idea concerned probing 
the root, which is somewhat independent of RNFD's current focus but of 
course complementary. In such a case, indeed, this could be added later 
as a separate mechanism. I may be wrong, though.

> As I think about it, I think that we should (quickly) publish RNFD as an

I have little experience with the various tracks, in particular the 
advantages of an intermediate experimental RFC. If you think that this 
is the best way to move things forward with the draft, I would not object.

Best,
-- 
- Konrad Iwanicki.