Subject: Re: Re: RE: Reliability in LAN

From: "Karthikeyan Subramaniam" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Apr 2003 06:47:54 -0000

Yes, my requirement can be considered as a simplified model of 
reliable multicast with only one hop. The requirement is to build 
generic reliable layer which any application can use to send 
data.

Is there any RFC/draft designed for this?

-karthik.

I don't understand what's the difference between them, because 
your condition could be considered as a simplified model of 
reliable multicast with only one hop ( or maybe that covers a VLAN 
).

If focusing on application layer QoS,  it could construct 
application layer multicast tree without consideration on 
underlying networks.

  Karthikeyan Subramaniam <[email-masked]> wrote:

My requirements are reliability mechanism based on UDP/IP. I
have to optimise the packet transaction in the LAN using SACK 
and
NACK effectively. One more thing as I have to build reliability 
on
LAN, I need not follow hierarchial approach of data recovery
(Method used to avoid overloading the sender). Is there any RFC 
or
draft avaiable for reliable multicast mechanism based on these
requirements?

Thanks
karthik
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 Michael Luby wrote :
>One could also look at RFCs 3450, 3451, 3452 and 3453. These
>provide a
>direct solution to adding reliability to multicast without 
>losing
>any
>scalability.
>

Jing Shen

State Key Lab of CAD&CG
ZheJiang University(YuQuan)
HangZhou, ZheJiang Province 310027
P.R.China

_______________________________________________________________________
Odomos - the only  mosquito protection outside 4 walls -
Click here to know more!
http://r.rediff.com/r?http://clients.rediff.com/odomos/Odomos.htm&&odomos&&wn

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion

---

From: Jing Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:34:41 +0800 (CST)

I don't know any RFC on this. Maybe following work could do some 
help:
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/suman/pubs/sigcomm02.pdf
http://www.euronetlab.com/seminar/seminar-templemore-LIP6.pdf
 Karthikeyan Subramaniam <[email-masked]> wrote:
Yes, my requirement can be considered as a simplified model of 
reliable multicast with only one hop. The requirement is to build 
generic reliable layer which any application can use to send 
data.

-karthik.

Karthikeyan Subramaniam wrote:

Thanks
karthik

Jing Shen

State Key Lab of CAD&CG

Jing Shen

State Key Lab of CAD&CG

---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
"雅虎邀你参与CCTV-2对话节目调查：移动、联通、灵通，要说爱你不容易

---

From: Jing Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:34:41 +0800 (CST)

-karthik.

Thanks
karthik

Jing Shen

State Key Lab of CAD&CG

Jing Shen

State Key Lab of CAD&CG