Subject: Last mile multicast

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kolis)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:38:08 -0400

>On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
>-) >From the discussion so far, I gather that a couple of the problems
>-) that have to be solved are (a) how to count group membership and (b)
>I don't think counting group members is a goal of this effort.  Counting
>viewers is a task that can be easily handled by the applications
>themselves.  Indeed, some apps already do this today.

I don't get into these discussions much, though I enjoy reading them a lot.
Ahhh. As a cable TV guy, our future involves multicast over IP totally. I
guess I don't know the deficientcies now? I thought any router could bust
up, break out, etc messages and the major problem was too many dumb routers
and various filters that don't like multicast IP's.

Since a lot of people like myself might not understand this... What's wrong
so far?

Regs,
Dan

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion