Subject: Re: Open Routing Area meeting in Vienna

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 13:30:57 -0400

In message <20030729183949.H2408@sbrim-w2k01>, Scott W Brim writes:
> How about we rename BGP, declare that we're done with the general
> information distribution protocol, and work on a new routing protocol?

We tried that with IDRP and got nowhere.

Curtis

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion

---

From: Curtis Villamizar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 13:30:57 -0400

Curtis

---

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:39:30 -0400

>We tried that with IDRP and got nowhere.

Cute, but not really.  IDRP is substantially different from BGP.  But 
maybe you meant that we've tried taking BGP, "fixing" it on a 
whiteboard, and declaring victory.  In which case I agree.

--John

---

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:39:30 -0400

--John