Subject: Re: Open Routing Area meeting in Vienna

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 09:35:11 -0700

Hank,

> Randy Bush writes:
> >one of the advantages of working for an operator is that you get to
> >talk to lots of vendors, not just the ones that are politically
> >well connected in the ietf.  and i can tell you that the idea of
> >extending bgp ad infinitum horrifies most of them.
> >
> >can we now finish representing hidden others than ourselves,
> >expecially given that the ietf is supposedly a forum of individual
> >experts?
> 
> Amen.  Although I don't think the operator to vendor ratio within the
> IETF forums are what they should be to produce the best results.

To paraphrase, I don't think that the ratio of the operators present
at the Open Routine Area meeting in Vienna (or for that matter the
operators who express their opinion on this mailing list) to operators
in the global marketplace are what they should be to produce a
reasonable sample of the operators' perspective on the issue.

Yakov.

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 09:35:11 -0700

Hank,

Yakov.