Subject: RE: Who speaks for whom [was: Re: Open Routing Area meeting in Vienna]

From: "Tony Li" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:20:32 -0700

|    BGP (yes, you knew this was coming) has a state machine that once
|    something enters the HOSED stated (which should probably 
|    be in the FSM :-)
|    that it tears down the peering session, no matter what caused it.
|    
|    There may be other "solutions", but first we need to agree 
|    that it's
|    a problem.  I think it might be.

Jeff,

If this is the problem that we're trying to solve, can I then request
that we take it back to the IDR mailing list?

I was under the impression that some people think that there's a
different problem that needs solving.

Tony

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:35:27 -0400

Tony,

> that we take it back to the IDR mailing list?

That might be the right action.  However, I think Alex (wearing his AD
hat) is trying to get us to tackle the general issue.  BGP just
happens to be the thing where the problem is most obvious.

> different problem that needs solving.

Given the hours I've been working recently, I may simply be delusional.
However, I think that this is at least a *part* of it.

-- 
Jeff Haas 
NextHop Technologies

---

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:35:27 -0400

Tony,

-- 
Jeff Haas 
NextHop Technologies