Subject: notes on the RPO DT and draft-meyer-rpo-00.txt

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:43:59 -0800

Folks,

        The RPO effort is (somewhat) rapidly evolving. Here are
        my plans, as they stand at the moment:

        (i).    Rename the Effort/DT: RPO -> RIFT

                Operational Concerns and Considerations for
                Routing Protocol Design -- Risk, Interference,
                and Fit (RIFT)    

                The reason for the rename is that many people
                felt that using the term "Overload" was not only
                negative, but assumed that routing protocols were
                indeed "overloaded". Clearly, this was not the
                intention of the document, so for these reasons
                it seems to make some sense to rename it.

        (ii).   publish draft-ietf-grow-rift-00.txt

                This means moving the DT from the routing area
                into GROW. I am waiting on IESG acceptance of the
                new GROW charter/milestones before formally
                making this move. However, if you are interested
                in looking at the document before then, please
                see     

                  http://www.1-4-5.net/~dmm/draft-ietf-grow-rift-00.txt

                As always, comments greatly appreciated (both on
                the draft and on the plan to move the DT into
                GROW). 

        (iii).  Announce on [email-masked] and
                [email-masked]

                Again, waiting on IESG decision before this. I
                will post an update to both lists as soon as I
                get an update from the IESG.

        Questions or comments on the plan or the draft?

        Dave

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion