Subject: RE: Fwd: Re: WG Review: Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (trill)

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:34:14 -0400

Margaret:

Sounds like the beginnings of a plan.  I'm sure the IESG will find a
designated soul to write-up the discussion.  If they want help, glad to
lend a hand.

Sue

(As a friend used to say "cool beans.") 

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 1:39 PM
To: Susan Hares; [email-masked]
Cc: Adrian Farrel; Brian E Carpenter; Alex Zinin; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Bernard
Aboba
Subject: RE: Fwd: Re: WG Review: Transparent Interconnection of Lots of
Links (trill)

Hi Sue,

At 11:47 AM -0400 6/23/05, Susan Hares wrote:
>Does IETF have a formal relationship with IEEE?  The paragraphs from
>your earlier mails have me a bit confused.

Yes.  The IETF has a formal liaison relationship with IEEE 802, and 
Bernard Aboba is our IEEE 802 liaison manager.

>1st - I'm happy to contribute to this work in what ever forum it exists
>in.

Excellent!

>2nd - I would like to have this discussion end today (after IESG), but
>it 	would be "way cool" and necessary to document who, what, when
>and 	where in a document that you can post online about the IEEE/IETF
>discussions.

I have cc:ed Bernard above.  I know that Bernard submitted a liaison 
report regarding this meeting to the IAB, and I think that those 
liaison reports are available on the IAB web site (perhaps in the IAB 
minutes)?  However, I can't seem to find the report of this meeting 
on the IAB web site at the moment.  Bernard, do you know if it is 
posted there?  If so, could you send a pointer?

>3rd - It would be "way cool"/useful to summarize this discussion in a
>document that is associated with the working group pages.

Do you mean that we should document the discussion about where the 
work should be housed?

Personally, I think that this discussion has pointed out that we have 
a real problem right now regarding where the division is (and should 
be) between the Routing and Internet areas.  Although we do not want 
to delay the decision on chartering the TRILL WG until we can work 
out the larger issue, I think that we should continue the discussions 
on the larger issue, and that we _definitely_ should document the 
results when we are finished, so that they can serve as a reference 
for these types of discussions if they arise in the future.

Margaret

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion