Subject: Reg. Routing

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:34:15 +0530

Hello all,

     I am doing an analysis on routing currently. I have a clarification
to ask -  I have decided to use RIP for Dynamic routing and I also have
an option for Static Routing in my project. 

           Now If I add three routes initially using static routing and
then I enable Dynamic routing and disable Static routing. I would like
to know if the routing Table will be cleared and loaded with entries
freshly or will it have the static entries and Dynamic routing will
overwrite them ?

        Also if the table is not cleared , at any point of time how do
we distinguish between static and dynamic entries???

I would be thankful if anyone could help me in this regard.

Regards,

Anisha Chandrasekaran

Email : [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>     

_______________________________________________
routing-discussion mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/routing-discussion

---

From: "Pavan Mirla" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:01:08 +0530

Hello Anisha,
This link should clear your doubts.You have to understand the concept of
"Administrative distance"

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/welcher/papers/admindis.htm

_pavan

On 4/24/06, [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
wrote:
> to ask -  I have decided to use RIP for Dynamic routing and I also have an
> option for Static Routing in my project.
>
> then I enable Dynamic routing and disable Static routing. I would like to
> know if the routing Table will be cleared and loaded with entries freshly or
> will it have the static entries and Dynamic routing will overwrite them ?
>
>         Also if the table is not cleared , at any point of time how do we
> distinguish between static and dynamic entries???
>
>
>
> *Regards,                                                          **
>                                                                *
> *Anisha Chandrasekaran*
> *Email : [email-masked]*<[email-masked]>
>
>
>
>
>
>